|Monday to Saturday||7.30am - 9.00pm|
When you’re part of something different, unique, meaningful…it gives you a real sense of purpose, pride and belonging. Believing in the value of belonging has shaped our Society since opening our first store locally in 1919. It’s why we put purpose before profit every day of the week. It remains at the heart of what we do, today and tomorrow.
In our universe, Belonging means a number of things.
Belonging means local shoppers are Co-op owners.
- Being locally owned, we can focus on providing the products and services needed by islanders. We share our success, handing dividends back to local people and reinvesting back into our islands.
- Most of our customers are members and shareholders, with a vested interest in our success and a say in what we do.
- £8 million a year is returned to local member owners in dividend.
- Belonging means local producers are partners
- We actively look to stock our shelves with local products and are proud to have local producers as partners, in many cases for years and years.
- Buying locally is good for our economy and the environment around us.
- £11 million of goods a year are purchased from over 40 local producers.
Belonging means our communities are supported
- Together, we turn profits into lots and lots of donations, funding local community projects, charities, environmental initiatives and a whole range of life-affirming work. We help those who help others to transform local lives. Our vision is to make a real difference to the communities we serve.
- £230,000 a year is donated to over 500 local community projects.
Belonging is everything
Belonging is also about being inclusive, protecting our environment, supporting sustainability, connecting with others, being listened to, investing in regeneration, encouraging the next generation, having a low digit share number and so much more…
So, belonging means everything to us.
If you haven’t already, why not join us and belong to something special?