La Tour de Vinde / Noirmont Point Lighthouse

La Tour de Vinde / Noirmont Point Lighthouse St. Brelade, | Directions
Description

La tour de Vinde (aka Noirmont Tower), is a Martello tower that was erected by the British around 1810 to help guide ships appraoches to St. Aubin's Bay. The tower stands at the foot of the cliffs of Noirmont Point, in the Vingtaine de Noirmont . During the occupation of the Channel Islands in World War II, the Germans erected Battery Lothringen on the top of Noirmont Point. The site of the tower is accessible at low tide by foot, though the tower itself is closed to the public.

Reviews