Model: Mark IV
The Jaguar Mark IV series was built by Jaguar Cars from 1945 to 1948 and available with a range of engines - 1½, 2½ and 3½ litres.
This fine 3½ litre model has a certified build date of 24 August 1948 and was shipped to an Australian Jaguar distributor in Melbourne. It remained in Australia until 1993, when it moved to New Zealand for a further 7 years. The car was then subject to a comprehensive, specialist restoration in the Netherlands, before being re-registered in the UK in 2008. Most recently it was acquired by a new Jersey-based owner in May 2010.
The silver grey paintwork applied during the comprehensive (and documented) bodywork restoration remains in splendid condition having been well looked after. Similarly, the rebuilt engine has subsequently required no further major attention and has simply been properly and regularly maintained.
This classic Jaguar runs and drives very well, benefitting from the fitment of electric power steering in 2013.